The directive came into force in July 2018 in theory it should be implemented under the “transitional arrangements”
What are the head lines
- Smart, simpler, supportive of building renovation
- New document 2a on long term building renovation strategy
- Stronger links between renovation and availability of finance
- Updated provisions for air conditioning and boiler inspections
- Updated definition of “technical building systems” – to include building automation and control and EV charging capability
- Requirements to provide EV charging infrastructure
- Introduction of a new “smart readiness indicator”
- The national renovation strategy moves to EPBD from EED
- High Efficiency Systems continue to have to be “considered” for new build and major refurbishment Considered, not necessarily used.....
- EV charging infrastructure for charging points for 1 in 5 parking spaces in new build and major refurbishment of non domestic.
- How will this be delivered? most likely via Building Regulations / planning policy.